Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D. Thomas
    • Jan 2006

New member registrations stopped 3 days ago

I have my CP set up so that I visit "users awaiting moderation" to check each new registratant before approving. For years been getting 40 or so per day...but as of 3 days ago...zero. I checked "user registration options" in CP and all settings still correct. I checked "show new users" and sure enough there are about 80+ new registrants "awaiting email confirmation".

I did a test registration myself and the email address I used never received the confirming email....so I guess the issue is the forum software is not sending out the emails now ?

Any idea what happened and how to fix it ?
    Last edited by D. Thomas; Thu 23 Jul '09, 6:28am.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If one email is failing they all are. Has something change? SMTP settings? PHP upgrade? Can you switch to use SMTP email instead of php mail?

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Email Settings

Comment

• losasso
      • Apr 2009

The system works fine - its still using the PHP engine. We can setup the SMTP without problems. However I can see that e-mails are still coming... Not all of them...

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If one email is going out, then they all are. Something else somewhere is stoping them.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Please don't cross post, start your own thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...