Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scootertrash
    • Jul 2009

Pictures Images in thread messages

Hi fellas, I'm burned out trying to find answers that match my picture questions in search....

Is there a way to store my pictures/images on the hosted server and use them in my message posts? (put another way, is there a way to put the pictures in my admin pictures album, into a message body?) I want to be able to use pictures in my posts, but there's no picture viewer that allows me to click on the picture I want, without having to sort through arcane filenames.

Also, I don't really trust the free photobucket sites to not delete my pictures and make my threads useless.

Any solutions that you use for this situation would be much appreciated. Thanks..
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Normally you would use the post attachment system. Click Manage Attachments on the posting page.

If you want to hotlink your album pictures then you need to copy and paste the URL of the picture and use IMG tags. For example:

[IMG]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=632&pictureid=1266[/IMG]

Which turns into this:

Comment

• scootertrash
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Normally you would use the post attachment system. Click Manage Attachments on the posting page.

If you want to hotlink your album pictures then you need to copy and paste the URL of the picture and use IMG tags. For example:

[IMG]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=632&pictureid=1266[/IMG]

Which turns into this:

Hi Jake, looks like you've got that shark on the run. Note to self: Don't get Jake mad.

I think I get how to embed the picture normally with the manage attachments pop up box, and that's how I want my users to embed pictures. (so that I don't have to pay for their picture bandwidth every time someone loads the thread)

But is there a separate app or hack that admins can use, in order to load pictures onto the server, and easily find thumbnails and add them to a thread with a simple click? (as opposed to keeping a list of what the image file name is, and copying/pasting that url into the "manage attachments" box, and therefore, not being able to actually SEE the image until it's posted?)

Btw, just to give you an idea of how many pictures I'm talking about, how many guys have a ready picture of a $20.00 In-N-Out Burger?
      Attached Files

Comment

• scootertrash
        • Jul 2009

Btw, how did you get the full picture to display, and not just a thumbnail, like mine? Thanks.

Comment

• scootertrash
          • Jul 2009

One more question... Isn't "ImageMagick" supposed to resize and rename the file before hosting it? My burger picture didn't rename, and since a lot of my pictures have semi-personal info in the filename, I'm hoping to have a random name assigned before hosting the pictures.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Manage Attachments is the easiest way unless you want to trouble yourself with hosting the images somewhere else.

Originally posted by scootertrash
            Btw, how did you get the full picture to display, and not just a thumbnail, like mine? Thanks.
            Disable thumbs:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Thumbnail Creation

Originally posted by scootertrash
            One more question... Isn't "ImageMagick" supposed to resize and rename the file before hosting it? My burger picture didn't rename, and since a lot of my pictures have semi-personal info in the filename, I'm hoping to have a random name assigned before hosting the pictures.
            There is no feature to automatically apply random names to uploaded images.

Comment

• UNRE4L
              • Feb 2006
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce

Which turns into this:

Sorry to use this thread, but this seems to be an issue my forum is having. In this thread you say "which turns into this:" Then all I see is the url. At first I didnt see anything at all and users on my forum are having this issue.

When posting images from their public albums the images are only visible to themselves, do you know how to solve this? As far as i can see permissions are correct.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

Tell the album creator to check their privacy settings:

User CP -> Profile Privacy -> Albums

Comment

• UNRE4L
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3.6.x

For some reason I can't see that option on my usercp and using profile.php?do=privacy doesnt work.

Was this part of an update after 3.7?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

It's in 3.8, and this is the 3.8 forum.

Maybe this is disabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to Edit Profile Privacy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...