X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morny
    • Jun 2008

Moving Vbulletin to new server, wont work on 1 PC but fine on others

Hi,

I moved Vbulletin to a new server to test if it worked ok and it worked fine on about 6 PCs i tried but one PC it just shows the main page and if i click on the link it shows Internet Explorer Cannot display the page, if i try it in Firefox then it gives this error

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be
    shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Tried clearing the cache and deleting cookies and restarting the PC and its still the same. Weird thing is that ive 3 PCs running off the same line and it works fine on the other 2 so its not an IP thing.

Just want to make sure this is a PC specific problem and that alot of users wont have this issue, any ideas?

Id give the link but were restoring a database so it will be down for 90 mins, ill post the link when its up and running again

Ok heres the link http://64.77.69.66/forum/
    Last edited by morny; Sat 18 Jul '09, 2:28am.
  • morny
    • Jun 2008

Also another guy that works on the site has the same problem as me, pretty wierd one since it works fine on some PCs and not others, ive tried searching these forums but i cant find anything relevant

Comment

• morny
      • Jun 2008

Ok i found some relevant threads by searching the content encoding error and the solution seems to be to turn gzip off.

Ive done this and now i get this error in firefox and internet explorer but it continues to work fine on my other PCs Database error

The Holdem Manager Forums database has encountered a problem.Please try the following:
      • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
      • Open the 64.77.69.66 home page, then try to open another page.
      • Click the Back button to try another link.
      The 64.77.69.66 forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
      We apologise for any inconvenience.

There is also an option for compression under the yes/no option and you can choose 0-10, it was on 1 but i tried 0 also and still the same, is there any other info i can provide to help troubleshoot

Comment

• morny
        • Jun 2008

More info, found out how to see the error:

<!--
        Database error in vBulletin 3.7.2:
        Invalid SQL:
        UPDATE vbsession
        SET lastactivity = 1247919865, inforum = 0, inthread = 0, incalendar = 0, badlocation = 0, useragent = 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)'
        WHERE sessionhash = 'bb62f879d5d3457f18dbff934886b806';
        MySQL Error : Data too long for column 'useragent' at row 1
        Error Number : 1406
        Request Date : Saturday, July 18th 2009 @ 08:24:25 AM
        Error Date : Saturday, July 18th 2009 @ 08:24:25 AM
        Script : http://64.77.69.66/forum/index.php
        Referrer :
        IP Address : 78.16.178.46
        Username : Unregistered
        Classname : vB_Database
        MySQL Version :
        -->

Comment

• morny
          • Jun 2008

Ok fixed it, found the solution at this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...27useragent%27

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...