• Show
Clear All
  • firassalim
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

Resolve IP Address

Sorry
    I am new here
    when I log as admin to the forum I can see the users against each there's IP address If I click on it [resolve IP address] then the IP address is no longer clickable

what does that do exactly , resolving IP address?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Yes. That resolves the IP to a host name.

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by firassalim
      If I click on it [resolve IP address] then the IP address is no longer clickable
      It means it could not resolve THAT address.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Sticky1
        • Jul 2008

Anotherwords, when you click on resolve ip, the users address is shown. If is not shown i can copy the ip address to a site that will show up...why is that?

Comment

• ENF
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Sticky1
          Anotherwords, when you click on resolve ip, the users address is shown. If is not shown i can copy the ip address to a site that will show up...why is that?
          Not all IP addresses have a reverse DNS entry. If VB can't resolve the IP address, then either there is no reverse DNS entry or your DNS server does not have the latest information. (Or simply, there is something wrong in accessing the root server of the zone where that IP is registered.)

You can lookup the IP address owner information via ARIN, RIPE, APNIC etc etc.
          To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...