Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jl255
    • May 2007

password protect admincp?

I read the other forum thread on increasing security to forums and i came to this point:

Password protect your Administrator and Moderator Control Panels directories using .htaccess/.htpassword http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess3.shtml

I tried it several times but after putting in the htaccess & htpassword, it just keeps redirecting me back to the home page when trying to access admincp. what's wrong?

tks.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

It looks like you have a CPanel server. Login to your CPanel. There is an easy interface for password protecting directories in there.

Comment

• billp
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

Login to your CPanel. There is an easy interface for password protecting directories in there.
      I have looked all over the cpanel and I don't find this option, please "draw me a map" )

Comment

• cellarius
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

Google exists : http://glowhost.com/forums/knowledge...bsite-248.html

Comment

• DIGITAL BABU
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.8.x

Please select the Password Protect Directories icon from your cPanel main page security area. A list of the directories on your account will appear.

Select the directory you wish to limit access to. In the new page, please create a username and a password for your user. Select a name that will appear in the login screen and click on the Save button to activate the protection.

Please note that you have to create a directory before you enable the password protection for it. Also, using one and the same directory for the purpose of password protection and FTP storage in the same time is not recommended.

It is also important to add that password-protecting your webroot (the www directory) will lead to inability of your website to be displayed directly.

dB

Comment