Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jola
    • Nov 2008

Moderation emails of new posts

I have activated the feature "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post". To my surprice it seems as if this also distributes new posts posted in sub-forums below the forum where you have activated it. Is this the way it should work?

Is there any way to make this or the similar "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Thread" function to only send out the emails once the post/thread has been approved by a moderator?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jola
      • Nov 2008

Yea, I kind of suspected that. What about my second question. Should the "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post" function also send out email for new posts in sub-forums below where it is active?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

That is by design. If you do not want that then you will need to remove that frm the parent forum/category and add this only to the forums you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Peter Walker
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.8.x

I have a similar problem. I want emails sent out in my parent forum (using "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post"), yet not those in child forums. Where exactly can I change this dependency?

On another similar issue. Emails sent out by this feature ("Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post") are nicely formatted with bbcodes stripped and quotes properly marked. I use this to automatically send new posts to an associated Yahoogroup.

However, when you subscribe to a thread with "Instant email notification" or "Thread Tools, Subscribe to this thread", the emails sent out are still full of ugly bbcodes, etc. How can I get these email notifications to look as good as the ones sent out by "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post" (template modification perhaps)?
          Regards

Peter Walker
          http://www.rifeforum.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

1. Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

2. I'm not sure I understand since vB does not use BB Codes in emails. This mucstbe from modifications you made.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...