X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carly1
    • Sep 2005

Emails not being received

I have sort of a complex problem.

1 - My VPS server was moved several days ago. We lost 9 days worth of content, so there were issues with that move. Coincidentally, this is exactly when emails stopped being able to be received from my forums. However - I have been using a gmail account as contact email on my forums, so technically I'm not using my own mailservers at all - only gmail's (right?)

2 - When I run email diagnostics, I get this error:
    Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.
    I get this error no matter what email I set as Webmaster's Email in the Site Name / URL / Contact Details Options menu.

I am at a loss. I've run around in circles, messed with the SMTP settings (which only got me different errors). I have tried gmail, yahoo and an email account through my domain.

Could it possibly actually have something to do with my server being moved/changed, even though I wasn't using those mailservers?

I'm hoping someone has some fresh input? I really appreciate the help.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You can specify your own SMTP server in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options

Otherwise vBulletin will use the SMTP server that is setup in your PHP configuration. Your web host can verify the SMTP settings.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...