How to display topics created in last x days?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomzl
    • Nov 2005

How to display topics created in last x days?

I would like to add a link to a custom search that would display all the topics that have been created in the last day or last week.

What I am trying to do is similar to the getdaily link that is already included in vBulletin. Getdaily link displays all the topics with new posts in the last day but I would only like to display the topics that have been started in the last day and exclude older topics.

I found an old post describing something similar but it cannot be used to do what I want.

Any ideas how to achieve this?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Use a URL like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=X

Comment

• Tomzl
      • Nov 2005

Your URL returns all the topics which have received new posts in the last X days.

I am looking for an URL which will return a list of topics that have been created (started) in the last X days.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Tomzl
        Your URL returns all the topics which have received new posts in the last X days.
        No it doesn't. It returns all threads in the last X days.

Comment

• Tomzl
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          No it doesn't. It returns all threads in the last X days.
          It returns a list of threads with new posts in the specified X period. I used the URL http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/searc...etdaily&days=1 and received a number of threads which were created a long time ago but had a new post within the last day.

For example:

This thread should not be among the results since it was created on May 29th, 2009. You can check for yourself. Follow the search link and choose one of the threads with more than 10 replies and you will see it was created more than 1 day ago.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Oh. Only threads created within X days. I don't know of a URL for that. But you can at least sort the results by thread start date:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...