Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dblue351
    • Jun 2009

Board issue

Everything was fine with my board since i loaded it a month ago. Then today all of a sudden i get this (pictured below) I dodnt change any setting or anything. Anyone know what might cause it. Basically none on the forums show up?

Attached Files
    Last edited by dblue351; Tue 16 Jun '09, 11:24am.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Comment

• SNN
      • Jul 2006

I suggest that you disable your plugins via your configuration (should the AdminCP not work as well)

To do so, edit includes/config.php, and below <?php, add define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Does this do anything for you?

Lol. Kerry-Anne beat me to it.

Comment

• dblue351
        • Jun 2009

Ok i did both of those and I did have a lot of "File does not contain expected contents" errors. I was able to clear all of those.

I also disabled the plugin system..

Still having issues though... New error message.
        Attached Files

Comment

• dblue351
          • Jun 2009

new error...
          Attached Files

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Please follow all the instructions in post #2

Comment

• dblue351
              • Jun 2009

Sorry missed the create new style part. I just did that. Then cleared my cache and it still is not working...

Comment

• dblue351
                • Jun 2009

So it must have something to do with the cache files. I am able to view the site on my work computer, just not my home computer. I clearned them all out, but it continues not to work?

Comment

• dblue351
                  • Jun 2009

This is not making any sence! I can view it on other computer,but not my own or anyone else that logged in on Monday? We all cleared out cache files and still can view the forum?????
                  Last edited by dblue351; Tue 16 Jun '09, 12:19pm.

Comment

• dblue351
                    • Jun 2009

I tried reloading the entire board into a different folder and I still get the same thing??? Again all cache is cleared, and I can log on with my work PC, just not my home PC. Everyone on the board is having the same issue.

Someone has to know what is going on!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

That has to be from a modification. There really is no other possibility. I'm afraid post #2 is still applicable.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dblue351
                        • Jun 2009

hmmm, there are no mods on the board. It has only been up for a coupe weeks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

I can guarantee that you cannot have that problem with the default vB code and templates. There is something you are missing.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lyco
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 3.8.x

maybe he has a corrupted database or such try a fresh vb installation it should work very well
                            Developer of the VB-PBWoW Skin
                            TUAGuild from vb.org
                            http://www.vb-pbwow.com

Comment

• dblue351
                              • Jun 2009

Well i guess it is a DNS issue??? When i go here www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/ Then type in the address www.wt4x4.net/forum the forum works? I am so lost!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...