X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cybershaolin
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.8.x

Inconsistent Infraction System

I want to establish a list of infractions in 3.8.3 in order to allow my moderators to manage bad users on my forum. Everything is fine for that.

The problem is when I want the regular members to see the infractions that bad members have received. They see the infractions received directly by (or from) the posts but they do not see the infractions that a moderator would have given directly on the member's profile.

Why? I think this is a bug. Should I submit the report in the Bug Tracker section?
  • Cybershaolin
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.8.x

Also, I see this in the help:

Can See Others' Infraction Level
    This permission allows users to see a user's infraction level as well when a post is given an infraction. It does not allow the user to see infraction reasons or comments. Users must be able to give or remove infractions to view detailed information on infractions.

Well, this is why I say it's not logical or inconsistent! I don't want my regular members to give or remove infractions! They are not the ones managing my board! Why is it coded that way?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

There is no function in vB to do what you want. If you want this then it will require a modification. You can try www.vbulletin.org for that.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...