• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adoxtater
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Private messaging issue after 3.8.1 upgrade

Hello all!
    I have a problem I can't seem to work out and wanted to see if the experts might lend some insight

Ever since I upgraded my site to 3.8.1, its impossible for any user to select multiple private messages (by clicking the checkbox next to TODAY, LAST WEEK, OLDER, etc). When you select one of those boxes it would usually select every message under it. Now it doesn't do that. Makes it impossible to delete multiple private messages at once. You literally have to select each and every one now... one at a time.

Anyone else seen this issue? I'm stumped and users are unhappy so I'm curious if I might find some suggestions here. Thanks much!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• adoxtater
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
      Thanks for the fast reply! It happens in every template I just tested it. Also this is happening to all users on the forum. Any ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If it's not a custom template, then it has to be from an add-on or server issue.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Piper001
          • May 2008

Hello

I am actually having the same issue on my forum after upgrading to v3.8.2. If you select the box to check all the messages it will check them all, but if you try to check for each day, it will not do anything (it does check the main box, but none of the individual messages are checked). I have tried everything above and I'm still having this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Post #4 still applies. Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...