One click vBulletin language change! How to?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarosciak
    • Apr 2005

One click vBulletin language change! How to?

I want to let my forum visitors to switch to a different forum language by a clicking the language (flag) icon placed somewhere in a top header.

Is there any way to achieve this?
  • SNN
    • Jul 2006

You could manually set the link to the language id.
    eg: <a href="?langid=XXXXX"><flag image thing here></a>

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

There is already a language choose at the bottom of the forum. If you want to incorporate a Flag system in the heard then this will have to be custom-coded using the appropriate languageid number for each language. I
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jarosciak
        • Apr 2005

Is there a way to code 'display forum' condition for a selected language?

I have 3 sections of the forum, English, Spanish and German and I want to separate them from view by choosing a language from the menu (or by clicking on the icon).

So, lets say, if language is set to #1, I want to enable/display only English categories and forums.
        If set to #2, display only Spanish forums and exclude all other forums from view... you get my point.

Is there any way to do this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...