How can I turn the plugin/hook system off from the database itself?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stardotstar
    • Feb 2007

How can I turn the plugin/hook system off from the database itself?

I have been troubleshooting a mod and damaged a plugin such that there is now a call to an undefined function stopping the board from loading at all

I get
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function view_ad() in /var/www/archeli/forums/global.php(614) : eval()'d code on line 1

and that's it.

I have been trying to disable the offending plugins from within phpMyAdmin but to no avail - well, I have got it from a much graver error to this.

Is there some way I can get the plugin/hook system to switch off by setting a 0 in the database? Then I can remove the product and reinstall it clean...

TIA
    WIll
    Last edited by stardotstar; Thu 4 Jun '09, 2:03am.
  • cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Even easier: Open your config.php and add
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    This will disable the plugin system.

Comment

• stardotstar
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cellarius
      Even easier: Open your config.php and add
      Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
      This will disable the plugin system.
      Thank you for such a speedy and helpful reply but it has not restored the board - I must have seriously screwed it up.

Comment

• stardotstar
        • Feb 2007

OK I have the board live again but the admin panel is broken;

Code:
        [B]Warning[/B]: array_keys() [[URL="http://www.archeli.com.au/forums/ctrlpnladmin/function.array-keys"]function.array-keys[/URL]]: The first argument should be an array in [B][path]/includes/adminfunctions_navpanel.php[/B] on line [B]167[/B]

if anyone thinks they can see a faster way to fix this than what I am going to do which is I don't yet know - then please do post.

The forums are available but not sure if loging in and out will be ok.
        Attached Files

Comment

• stardotstar
          • Feb 2007

OK, I think I have some progress, I have broken something specific to the admin control panel because the rest of the board works (minus plugins effected originally) and the mod control panel works.

could any of the files in the admin ctrl pnl have been modified by changing the contents of a plugin attributed to init_startup?

I have done a backup/replacement of the files in my admin cp folder and that has had no effect.

This must be a database issue and I am suspecting it is to do with the serialisation of the pluginsystem. I am hoping to get some hints from a backup - that is not quite as recent as I would like to do a full restore to but might be able to reconstruct the damaged tables.

Mostly to do with datastore plugins and products I think

I think I have fixed it - getting the heart rate going though - I found that I could put a direct url appendix onto the admin index url and then after uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling I am back to (almost) normal - thanks for the blogging in desperation while I think like mad resource.
          Last edited by stardotstar; Thu 4 Jun '09, 2:02am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...