Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • partyon
    • Jul 2008

Attachments not displaying - HELP!

I am having trouble with the attachments not showing at all, I had them in the file system originally and then moved them back to the database to see if that was the problem but it still exists, there is no thumbnails or attachments that are viewable.

I have disabled the plug/hook system and the error still exists, I hope someone can advise me on what I can do, thank you.

This is an example of an URL which should have an image there:

Also, here is a thread which should have attachments thumbs shown for guests:

It is as if the attachments are no longer in the database or file system and may have possibly vanished.

Thanks for all help with this
  • partyon
    • Jul 2008

Any ideas? Thank you

Comment

• partyon
      • Jul 2008

I have a backup of the attachments directory and theyre currently being stored in the db but are non-viewable, is it safe to move to the filesystem if the attachments are already present in the filesystem?

Thanks.

Comment

• partyon
        • Jul 2008

I also get this when I am about to finalise:

Attachments in Database: 189
        Total Attachments Processed: 189

The above two values should be the same!

Number of Attachments that could not be created or are 0 bytes: 189
        The above value should be 0! Having 0 byte attachments is not uncommon so a few is nothing to worry about but if the number equals the number of attachments in the database then DO NOT FINALIZE this step or you will lose all of your attachments.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

That means those attachments are empty. The only way I know to fix this would be to restore a recent backup of both the files and the database. Unfortunately that would mean you would lose all info added since those backups were made.

Do you know what you did immediately before this problem started?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment