X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhanuprasad1981
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.8.x

Weird Issue with Nginx and vbulletin

i got installed Nginx on my server to improve performance but weird thing happened all new members from the time i got Nginx installed got same registration / login ip as server main ip and every one got kicked off saying number of login retries "15times" has exceeded even i as admin was unable to login , i used search and found a way to use php my admin to clear STRIKES and was able to login admin and disable strike system , it was really bad day though , i got Nginx uninstalled but the question raised by server admin was :-

Does Vbulletin blindly use REMOTE_ADDRESS variable to use it as remote IP without looking at extra variables like X_REAL_IP. ??

we have got mod_rpaf already so it seems not issue at server side , any suggestion ?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Do you have phpmyadmin on your server? If so, use it to examine the records in the "session" table. Check the IP addresses of all of the session records. Are they all the same IP? If they are the same then that may indicate an IP detection problem due to some proxy setup on your server. That would also affect the strikes system.

Some proxy setups will mess up the IP detection in vBulletin. To fix this you need to edit the "includes/class_core.php" file and find this code:

// fetch client IP address
    $registry->ipaddress = $this->fetch_ip();
    define('IPADDRESS', $registry->ipaddress);

Replace it with this code:

// fetch client IP address
    $registry->ipaddress = $this->fetch_alt_ip();
    define('IPADDRESS', $registry->ipaddress);

Just add "_alt" so you get "fetch_alt_ip".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...