• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matkus
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

Attachments and galleries problem

Hello.
    i have chmoded attachments directory to 777, also chmoded tmp dir, but still, when uploading any attachment i get
    "Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment. "
    error.
    in admin cp diagnostics goes ok.
    Code:
    file_uploads: 	On
    open_basedir: 	None
    safe_mode: 	Off
    upload_tmp_dir: 	/var/www/vhosts/tibiaspy.com/subdomains/forum/httpdocs/tmp   	
    upload_max_filesize: 	12.00 MB

No errors occurred while opening the uploaded file for reading.
    Some other scripts, like PHP Fusion does not have problems with attachments, so it is something with vB.
    What am i doing wrong?
    I have Plesk linux on my server and root access, so i can change configuration if it is needed.
  • matkus
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

OK, i've moved pictures into database and back to file system and now it works fine.
    But i have one more problem.
    Because of HDD problem and incomplete backup i lost some of galleries.
    Now some of them works fine, and some of them does not have files. Is there any way to remove gallery pictures and attachments without files?
    Is it enough, if I will simply delete rows from attachment table for attachents and picture and picturecomments for galeries?
    Last edited by matkus; Tue 26 May '09, 3:31am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

I would not recommend manually editing the database. You may create more problems than you solve. It would be better to use the standard vB functions to remove the attachments from those posts.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• matkus
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.6.x

But is there any way to do is fast? Or at least some place to view all galleries and attachments? I don't want to chceck user by user if he have any gallery or thred by thread to check for attachments.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet for this. There is no way to easily find missing attachments and pics.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...