Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeorgeB
    • Nov 2008

read threads showing as unread threads

There is two threads on my forum that are showing up as being unread with new posts, but I have clicked on each one ten times, and it still shows it. There is a link beside the title of each of the two threads that says "go to first new post" and I do that too, but it still shows as unread.

How can I fix it to show as read?
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Set this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type -> Database (automatic forum marking)

The first time you set this all posts will show up as unread because the database marking is new. Once you mark the forums as read everything will work fine.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GeorgeB
      • Nov 2008

Thanks steve,

Some how before I got notice of this, it worked itself out this morning when I got on. I will keep this information for future reference.
      George Beale
      www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...