X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10smom
    • May 2007
    • 4.0.x

cannot stay logged in to testvb/admincp

I tried doing the tool.php. but did not work. The cooges path is blank which is probably the same path of my live forum shoule I changet the path for my live forum?
  • 10smom
    • May 2007
    • 4.0.x

I tried to change the path to /forum in my live forum as the test forum is / this did not work! What next?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Is this on the same domain as your live vB? If so you might want to consider setting a unique cookie prefix in your config.php file.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 10smom
        • May 2007
        • 4.0.x

how do I do this? it is a subdomain of my forum site. I am on a shared server and I have at least one other subdomain site that is not vb as well. So what do I need to do to fix this for my test forum site.. Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Edit this line in config.php and use unique cookie prefixes for each installed vB:

$config['Misc']['cookieprefix'] = 'bb';
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 10smom
            • May 2007
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Edit this line in config.php and use unique cookie prefixes for each installed vB:

$config['Misc']['cookieprefix'] = 'bb';
            I edited the testvb config file to

$config['Misc']['cookieprefix'] = 'vv';[/I][/QUOTE]

because my live forum was using bb already. Now I and some of my users are having trouble staing logged into the Live forum. how do I fix?

Comment

• 10smom
              • May 2007
              • 4.0.x

I forgot to mention that changing my testvb to VV worked and I now have access to my testvb admin!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...