• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1stweb
    • May 2009
    • 3.8.x

Multi level Subscription - How To?

Hi,

I need to set up the following subscription model and cant seem to find a way to do it. Or do I need an addon?

No Free access
    Person registers and pays $299 per month (I can do that ok). After the first month the client can re-subscribe for further months at $99 per month or if they want they can sign up for a whole year.

However, the way I currently have it configured allows the person to see the monthly extensions and the annual fee as well as the first month fee.

How can I configure the system to only show the 1st month fee and then subsequently show the other options after their first month expires?

Thanks in advance
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Subscription Permissions

You can restrict access to subscriptions based on usergroup.

I recommend you create a new usergroup to represent access to the second tier of subscriptions, and then setup a promotion to move users into that group as an additional usergroup after one month of membership:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions

Set the promotion to apply to first tier subscribers only (by way of their primary usergroup). That way only first tier subscribers who have been registered for at least 1 month will qualify for the promotion.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

Your first tier subscription should change the primary group for the purpose of qualifying those users for the promotion. The second tier should add an additional group as to avoid possible conflicts with multiple subscriptions affecting the primary group.

Comment

• 1stweb
        • May 2009
        • 3.8.x

Thanks Jake for your reply.

I am a little confused (newbie) with how to set up the second tier as you described. To be a PITA, could you spell this out for me so other reading the thread can understand how to do it

Thanks

Mark

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

It's complex but it should work:

1) Create 3 new groups:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup

- Tier 1
          - Tier 2
          - tier 2 qualify (no permissions)

2) Create two paid subscriptions:

Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Add New Subscription

- Tier 1 Subscription - moves users to the Tier 1 group as a primary usergroup
          - Tier 2 Subscritpion - places users in the Tier 2 group as an additional usergroup

3) Create a promotion for the Tier 1 group for users who have been registered for at least 30 days. The promotion will move users into the tier 2 qualify group as an additional usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions

4) Restrict the Tier 2 Subscription to members of the tier 2 qualify group:

Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Subscription Permissions

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...