X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raiderlax
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

How does Reputation Power work?

I'm confused about repuation power. How does it go up to Rep Power: 3, if someone has 100 rep points...

How does it all work, I can't find any options to define user power.. but I can change how many reputation points people have which in turn changed the rep power. But 100 equals 3 rep power?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Rep power: How much power (points) the use gives when they give reputation

Rep level: How much reputation points they have received from other users
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• raiderlax
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Rep power: How much power (points) the use gives when they give reputation

Rep level: How much reputation points they have received from other users
      Thanks, but how does one's rep power increase? so say I have 100 rep power and I rep someone, then there rep power goes from 2 to 5, why does it go from 2 to 5 and not 2 to 10 for example?

I'm just confused how it get's calculated.

Comment

• Beth
        • Jan 2003

In your Admin CP: Vbulletin Options

under User Reputation options there are different settings that you can change.

Registration date: for every __ number of days they are registered, they gain 1 point, so what they can give goes up one point.

Post count: for every __ posts, they gain 1 point so what they can give to others goes up a point

Reputation: for every ___ rep received, they gain 1 point so what they can give to others goes up a point. <- so by you adding your 100 rep points to them, it increases according to what the __ is.
        TopDog

Comment

• Nick
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

If your rep power is 100 and you rep somebody, you give (or take) 100 points away.

Maybe this will help:
          When you rep somebody: Their original rep points +/- your rep power = their new rep points
          Beth has just shown how to adjust the reputation power settings. These factors are the only ways to obtain more rep power.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

• chaz7979
            • May 2007
            • 4.2.X

So, if I spend 5 years getting to 1k points, I can instantly give 1k to a member who just signed up today by clicking the add to this users reputation once?
            Chuck
            SiriusBuzz.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by chaz7979
              So, if I spend 5 years getting to 1k points, I can instantly give 1k to a member who just signed up today by clicking the add to this users reputation once?
              Nope. Not only do they not get your reputation points, you would have to spread the reputation around to 20 different people before you could rep that person again. It's not easy to 'rig, and I would not take kindly to someone that even tried.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...