Moved domains and upgraded vB, AJAX broken!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSC James
    • Aug 2005

Moved domains and upgraded vB, AJAX broken!

Hi all,

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with my board, we were doing a server move, so I moved it all over onto another domain on the new server and at the same time took the time to upgrade the software from 3.6 to 3.8.

I had to edit the cookie settings through tools.php as I'd forgotten to change the domain settings there, and I've found a few references to the old domain doing a quick search through the database (although I'm loathed to manually edit anything on the database!)

After upgrading, it seems none of the AJAX functions are working. Clicking edit post displays the throbber, but it then goes to the editpost page instead of doing it inline, same with quick replies etc.

I can't see any JS errors in my error console and in fact the only error message I can get to appear is when I try to edit my profile inline, it returns "The server failed to respond in time":
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fail.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	3708783

I thought this may be down to the version of the style I was using so I downloaded a brand new one from vB.org that was built in 3.8.2 and still no luck!

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Cheers,
    James.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Did you try the default vBulletin style? AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > [Add New Style] > Give it a name and leave the rest of the settings alone and save.

If things still are not working, in the AdminCP > Maintainance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Verisons

Make sure that comes back, again if its all good, run the Problematic Webserver Modules tool, and report what it post back.

Comment

• MSC James
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
      Did you try the default vBulletin style? AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > [Add New Style] > Give it a name and leave the rest of the settings alone and save.

If things still are not working, in the AdminCP > Maintainance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Verisons

Make sure that comes back, again if its all good, run the Problematic Webserver Modules tool, and report what it post back.
      Thanks for the reply (incidentally, I've been to Cleveland, nice place!!)

Default style didn't seem to make any difference, the suspect file verisons only picked out additional files on my forum from mods (which have been disabled) and the problematic modules tool came up with no problems!

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Start a ticket so we can take a look?

Comment

• MSC James
          • Aug 2005

Will do, cheers

Comment

• Ramsesx
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

I have the same error when I edit a custom profile field. Other ajax stuff is working. Any ideas? (vB 3.8.7)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Ramsesx
              I have the same error when I edit a custom profile field. Other ajax stuff is working. Any ideas? (vB 3.8.7)
              Please start your own topic including an overview of the issue, steps to reproduce and your server information such as PHP and MySQL versions.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...