• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjh411
    • May 2007
    • 3.7.x

Custom usergroup problem

Hi,
    I wanted to give a small number of users different privileges to standard registered users, such as signature rights and custom user titles. So I created a new Special Usergroup with appropriate rights and created some users in that group (they are only members of that group and no other secondary groups).

The problem is, these users cannot see the list of forums - they get the message that says;
    [username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

However, they can use the Jump To Forum drop down to navigate to individual forums and post in the forums as normal, they just can't see the home page showing the list of forums.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • kjh411
    • May 2007
    • 3.7.x

Problem solved

Problem solved

Comment

• mx5atlanta.com
      • Nov 2008

By any chance did you have vbadvanced installed and an unchecked permissions box?

I know I did

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...