X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Janara
    • Jun 2005

Unusual Code appearing in certain posts

Hello,

I have a member who, each time he posts, adds the url of his website at the bottom of the post. when I receive notification of the post which also displays the content of the post, I always see a certain piece of code after the url. His posts are the only ones that show the code, so I don't know if he/she is added it on purpose or is inadvertently adding it via copy/paste from some program.

I am suspicious of this piece of code, and looking on the net for info on that code doesn't show any info as to whether it is malicious or not, but it appears this code shows up in many blog type posts.

I was wondering if someone could be able to tell me what this code means and whether or not it is malicious or spy code or something.

This person's posts are now moderated and he is not able to post any more urls until I am in fuller understanding of what it is. If it is malicious, he will be banned.

The code is below:

[CODE]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/CODE]

Hopefully the above code will show up, but if it doesn't, some advice would be appreciated as to how it can be shown or who I can email to show the code.

Thanks in advance
    Janara
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

It's probably just something in their copy & paste. If you have HTML posting disabled (which we recommend strongly!) then you have nothing to worry about anyway.

Comment

• Wings900
      • May 2002

Actually; this issue is becoming more rampant and is not a mistake. We are now seeing it on our site. Seems to be an issue with FireFox 3.0.10 and FCK editor:

This may ultimately be an issue with FCKEditor or Firefox, but wanted to make sure those responsible for the FCKEditor module are aware of it. Since the release of Firefox 3.0.10, there are some users who have code injected into the text editor by the browser. We have one person on our site who has the following added to every post: For more information, read the post I have made on the FCKEditor site: http://www.fckeditor.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13886

I can't find any solution yet..

Comment