Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nirvanilla
    • Nov 2003

users cant edit prefixes

I've gone into prefix permissions and checked off the relevent user groups, and they STILL cant edit prefixes. we have a for sale subforum and there are various for sale prefixes and there's a SOLD prefix. ppl can choose their 'for sale' prefix on making a thread, but when they go back and edit it a few days later, they cant choose SOLD - there's no prefixes there at all.. and yes, theyre going to advanced editor. It's just not there help?

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What do you have set in vboptions > message posting options > time limit on editing thread title?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Biker
      • Oct 2003

Users can't edit titles after the period set in your vbulletin options.
      I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

• nirvanilla
        • Nov 2003

yesss! That fixed it - thanks to both of you

Comment

• Ingmar
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.6.x

It would be nice if there would be a setting that would allow thread prefixes to be changed aside from the edit time limit on thread title. Changing a prefix from For Sale to Sold is a prime example why this would be useful. There is also no setting to disable the edit time limit for thread titles, meaning we have to enter in a number like 9999999999999999999999.

Anyway, just some feedback for the vB developers. Keep up the good work!

edit: or if the edit time limit setting would be forum specific, that might also be useful.

Cheers!
          Last edited by Ingmar; Tue 5 May '09, 5:38am.
          -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...