• Show
Clear All
  • Nordinho
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

Custom user background/conditional to see if user customized his profile

Good day,

I got 2 questions.

1) I want to give certain users the ability to use a custum forum background on their profile page. The furthest I got was this:

Code:
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo['fieldx'] && $prepared['userid'] == $bbuserinfo['userid']"><body style="background: $bbuserinfo[fieldx];"><else /><body style="background: #color;"></if>
    Which (obviously) shows the user x his background when viewing his profile, but doesn't show it to other users viewing x's profile.

Has anyone been able to do this?

2) Is there a conditional in 3.8.2 that shows if a member has customized his/her profile?
    Something like <if condition="$bbuserinfo['customizedprofile'] ></if>
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Use the usergroup permissions to allow customizing of the profiles. Customized profiles will then show to all visitors of that profile. A link is also automatically added to customized profiles to disable/enable the viewing of customizations of profiles by the user viewing the profile.

Comment

• Nordinho
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware of the default profile usergroupsettings, however I'm adding an extra userprofile field setting to allow some users to customize the background of the whole site on their profile (replacing the main bodycss setting, not just the default profilebackground setting).

Others would then see the users site background when visiting that page. If they move to another users page they would see another site background. And if they visit a profile that hasn't customized his/her profile, they would just see the default site background.

Btw; any suggestions for my second question?

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

This will require custom conditionals, and possibly custom coding, which are not provided here. However you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

• mobosix
          • Oct 2003
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Nordinho
          2) Is there a conditional in 3.8.2 that shows if a member has customized his/her profile?
          Something like <if condition="$bbuserinfo['customizedprofile'] ></if>
          Did you ever figure this out? I'd like to be able to quickly and easily find all my users that have customized their profile.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...