• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoulSuite
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

Registration Fatal Error:

Hey guys,

After upgrading from software vb 3.8.1 to 3.8.2 I get a Fatal error after registration;

Fatal error: Call to a member function clean_gpc() on a non-object in /home/soulsuit/public_html/includes/class_dm_user.php(2949) : eval()'d code on line 1

I've already uploaded all files again and replaced with the orginal class_dm_user.php v3.8.2 without any positive results. Could u help me please with this issue.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This is caused by a plugin you installed. You should contact the author of the plugin for support.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SoulSuite
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

I don't think so, Caus Ive disabled all plugin and still get this error.
      This was started after upgrading of the software.

@ soulsuite.us/register.php

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Wayne is right. It's from a plugin using this hook:

($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('private_insertpm_complete')) ? eval($hook) : false;
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mattyg
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Wayne is right. It's from a plugin using this hook:

($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('private_insertpm_complete')) ? eval($hook) : false;

Thanks, sorry for bumping this but it solved my issue. I disabled facebook connect and i didn't get the error anymore following signup.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

The original error in post #1 is from a plugin. If you have the exact error, then the same cause is applicable.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Verionia
              • Jul 2009

The original error in post #1 is from a plugin. If you have the exact error, then the same cause is applicable.
              If I disable hooks I get this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function clean_gpc() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\vz\discussions\showthread.php on line 95

Do you want me to send u the file? Im so confused!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

That's because there is no function named function clean_gpc in vB .That is from an add-on and you are still calling that add-on from somewhere.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mattyg
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 3.6.x

I know. The Facebook Connect plug in (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=198499) was the one giving me the error. Disabling it stopped the errors. I was letting people know what solved this issue for me.

Comment

• Removed-836727
                    Banned by User Request
                    • Apr 2006

That's because there is no function named function clean_gpc in vB .That is from an add-on and you are still calling that add-on from somewhere.
                    Thats not true
                    Its a method from the vB_Input_Cleaner Class
                    PHP Code:
                    /*
                        * Makes a single GPC variable safe to use and returns it
                        * @param    array    The source array containing the data to be cleaned
                        * @param    string    The name of the variable in which we are interested
                        * @param    integer    The type of the variable in which we are interested
                        * @return    mixed
                        */

function &clean_gpc($source$varname$vartype TYPE_NOCLEAN
                    Maybe it's a scopeproblem?! (called inside a function where $vbulletin is not global? etc...)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

You are right - my bad. I had the wrong terms in my grep search through the code.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...