• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drakeman
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

registration problem

Hi...
    my Human Verification doesn't work. I have enabled it (i tried all options) and they are not showed during registration and I have a lot of spam members... I has to disable a user registration. What's wrong?

Thank you
    Xyngular - Health and Global Business Opportunity for Better Life
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This feature requires that either your PHP be installed with full GD support or that your server is running ImageMagick version 6 or higher and you are using the correct path to this in the Image Settings. If neither one of these is installed correctly, then you will not be able to use the Image Verification function.

Check to make sure your PHP is compiled with GD or that your server has ImageMagick installed and configured:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

Then set this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Manager -> Image Verification -> Image Verification Options

If these are installed you will see images for them. If there are no images there, these are either not installed or you have the wrong path for IM.

And did you turn on Image Verification:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Options -> Registration (checked)

And finally, make sure that the Unregistered usergroup has this set:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup (Unregistered) -> Require Human Verification on Configured Actions -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

Make sure you have selected one of the human verification systems:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Manager (on the left, not the right)

The Q&A option can be very effective.

And make sure human verification is enabled for the registration form:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Options (on the right) -> Human Verified Actions

Be mindful of the different links on the left and right side. One is in the tab navigation on the left. The other is on the vBulletin Options page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...