X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caff.com
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

Making a forum executive to members.

Ok, I have done some more homework and almost have an awswer. I want to make a forum on my board executive to certain members.

Now would need to make this a "Social Group" or just lock it to certain people.

Thanks for any advice.
  • R1lover
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by caff.com
    Ok, I have done some more homework and almost have an awswer. I want to make a forum on my board executive to certain members.

Now would need to make this a "Social Group" or just lock it to certain people.

Thanks for any advice.
    I think you are using the wrong word here no? do you mean exclusive?
    www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• caff.com
      • Apr 2009
      • 3.8.x

Yes, excusive. Sorry, I have been sitting infron of this PC too long.

I just want to make a part of the board excusive to certain members.

Thanks

Comment

• R1lover
        • Apr 2006
        • 3.8.x

Create a new usergroup called something like (special access) or whatever you like, in the forum permissions of the forum or forums you only want these people to have access too edit the permissions so only moderators, supermods, admins, and "special access" members can use the forum, on the rest of the usergroups on these specific forums set all the options to NO.

Then you can give access in one of two ways or both, you can allow membership request to this new group in the usercp of each user or you can add them manually, make it a secondary usergroup though.
        www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...