• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichM
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.0.x

Scheduled tasks not working

Hi,

My scheduled tasks are not working after restoring the forum from a cPanel backup. I've tried reverting the footer templates given that some of the cron code is in that, but it made no difference.

The tasks don't even run when I run them manually, i.e. by clicking "Run now" in the admincp under "Scheduled Task Manager". It also says "Next time 05-04-2009 12:20 AM". I assume the downtime/backup restoration had something to do with this.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Cheers

- Rich
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The task system is driven by page loads. If your forum isn't very active for a period of time then the tasks might be delayed.

Also make sure your forum URL is correct because that is used to call the tasks:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

And try reverting your footer template because it contains code that drives the task system:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Common Templates (in the menu) -> footer

And you might as well run a repair for good measure:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...