X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnrx
    • Feb 2009

Add user administrator

Hi.
    Recently, I transfer my old forum to vBulletin (now in folder testvb for testings), in the installation I create a new user administrator.
    Now, I go to admin panel and go to find a existing user, I change the gruop of this user to Administrator group, but when I logged with this users, in the admin panel, only view some functions, this user not is full administrator.
    I search, but I don't view any field more for configured this user like administrator, only, I view to add this user to Administrator usergroup.

Thanks and a regards.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to set the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions

You may need to make yourself a Super Admin in order to do this. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
    // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
    // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
    $config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gnrx
      • Feb 2009

Hello.
      Ok, I was think that, if I add user to usergroup Administrator, this user are Administrator.
      With your help, I go to Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions I view that, the new user I add to group Administrator, not have the same permissions that original user Administrator, I changed the permissions and now, is full Administrator.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards!

Comment

• gnrx
        • Feb 2009

Add, also, I need made the changes in config.php for this user are a Super Admin.

Thanks and a regards!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...