X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nanofied
    • Apr 2009

Users Can't Post with IE - Rss Poster not Working

I currently have two problems with my website http://boardinghq.com

1. For some reason when a user on IE tries posting, it tells them the message is to short and wont let them post. Does not matter if the post was 6 paragraphs long, it will say its too short.

2. My RSS poster that is built into the vbulletin system wont work. Every time I run it, it gives me an internal server error. I contacted my host to see what they could do and this was the response.

I have checked the cPanel error log and indeed found the error message your referred to:

[Thu Apr 9 08:30:39 2009] [error] [client ***************] Premature end of script headers: ********************

It seems that the script does not execute properly. Such error message could be invoked by several reasons:

-- The script requires more than the usual time to be processed and is being killed by our system. In order to ensure the stable performance of all other hosted accounts we have set the TimeOut for our webserver to 10 secs.

-- There is an error within the programming code of the script in question. In this case it should be revised by a professional web developer who will be able to assist you further.

Therefore I would recommend you to check with the vBulleting support and have them look into this for you. If it turns out that there should be a change in the server configuration, please let us know and we will further assist you!

If you need further help, do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Last edited by nanofied; Mon 13 Apr '09, 11:22am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Both of those issues are likely due to modifications.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nanofied
      • Apr 2009

I was able to fix the IE issues... but the rss poster still will not work. It still pops up the page...

If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755.
      In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.

Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
      Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.

Comment

• nanofied
        • Apr 2009

Anyone know why the rss poster wont work?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

What's the RSS feed you are using?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...