• Show
Clear All
  • philconway
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

vbulletin PHP issue

Hi there,

I'm running a board based on vb 3.8.1.

Over the last week or so we've suddenly started seeing lots of issues with our board.

Whenever someone clicks on a link it asks them if they want to download the php code associated with generating the page. If they click cancel, then click on the link again, it lets them load the page up.

This is happening all over the board. For some reason it seems to be affecting firefox users more than IE users, and occurs on all styles we have installed.

I've checked all of the file versions to make sure they're correct, and I've also upgraded PHP to the most recent version. I'm still not sure why this is happening as it doesn't seem to be ocurring on any of the other sites hosted on my server.

I've also disabled all plugins on the board.

My PHP info link is here.

My board can be found at www.nucastle.co.uk (for anyone wanting to see first hand what is going on).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    nucastle.co.uk - your guide to events and music in Newcastle.
  • renep
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Are there any relevant messages in your web server's error log?
    "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• philconway
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by renep
      Are there any relevant messages in your web server's error log?
      Apart from a few 404 errors, the only other thing I can see is this, which occurs whenever apache is started or restarted:

Code:
      PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/gd.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/gd.so: undefined symbol: gdImageCreateFromJpeg in Unknown on line 0
      PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/imap.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
      PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/ldap.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
      PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/odbc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/odbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
      PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/pdo_odbc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/pdo_odbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
      [Sun Apr 12 10:51:34 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny2 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations
      I've had those warnings since I upgraded PHP a few months ago but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to the board itself.

Comment

• philconway
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Correction: I'm getting reports of similar issues with most of the sites on the same server, so this looks like it may be a PHP/apache issue. I've gone through a complete recompile of PHP and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Comment

• RichM
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.0.x

This indeed a problem with how PHP is compiled. I've encountered this before and it can be a *****.

The solution for me was to only load the modules which were essential and remove any modules which are not necessary. This should fix the problem. But unless you know the module which is causing the problem, it's often a process of elimination.

Comment

• renep
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Perhaps it's Debian bug 470483.
            "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
            - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• philconway
              • Feb 2009
              • 3.8.x

I didn't realise I had a GD issue, that explains some issues I was having with images.... Cheers.

I've fixed the GD fault, but users are still reporting issues as per above...

Comment

• philconway
                • Feb 2009
                • 3.8.x

Looks like I may have got to the bottom of this...

I noticed the PHP info page wasn't loading correctly and was only getting as far as the "apachehandler" portion before dumping. This lead me to suspect a problem with the libphp5.so module and Apache...

...After going through it all with a fine toothcomb, I found apache2 was trying to load a libphp5 for Apache1.3. After removing it and pointing apache to the right location, everything looks good so far...
                Last edited by philconway; Wed 15 Apr '09, 12:07am.

Comment

• philconway
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 3.8.x

And it looks like it hasn't solved the problem.

Has anyone got any other suggestions? I'm stumped

Comment