X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EWGF
    • May 2007
    • 3.8.x

Server unreachable but db error mailed?

I'm having trouble with the accesibility of my forum. Every few minutes it's not reachable and I get the 'can't find the server' browser message. But when I checked my mail, I suddenly saw some of this errors:

Code:
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User 15vbdb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
    /home/vhosting/c/15/domains/*****/htdocs/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    Is it really possible a whole site can be thrown offline due to too much max_user_connections or is something really weird going on here?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Well the web server and the email server are two different applications and operate on different ports. When your browser gives a "Server Unreachable" message it means it cannot connect to the web server. The browser doesn't care about anything else and doesn't try to connect to those other daemons.

If you are getting a server unreachable error though, this is a hosting issue. vBulletin has no control over routing issues or whether the server can respond before the browser issues a timeout on the connection attempt.

The error above means that you have too many users trying to access the forums at the same time. You would need to contact your hosting provider about having the max_user_connections limit increased or removed. If they will not remove it then you will need to find a new host or deal with the issue as best you can.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• EWGF
      • May 2007
      • 3.8.x

Thank you for your reaction. It indeed was a host issue, it took a few hours before they found the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...