X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nekiw
    • Aug 2006

moderate threads and post ? how does it work

Hi

Was wondering where I set so that I can moderate threads and post.
    And how does it work?
    Will the respective moderators of the particular forum get a email as soon as a thread / post is made?
    is it enough to have given regular moderator permission, or do I need to give a moderator more permission to bein able to moderate threads / posts?
    where exactly do we moderate the threads / posts? in admin cp? does a regular moderator have access to a limited admin cp ? or a mod cp ?
  • Nekiw
    • Aug 2006

one more thing.
    whats the easiet way to add a moderator for a forum ?
    will the admin automaticly get to moderate threads and post as well, or does the admin need to be set as moderator also for the various forums?

Comment

• Nekiw
      • Aug 2006

please anyone ?

Comment

• mferguson
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Nekiw
        Hi

Was wondering where I set so that I can moderate threads and post.
        And how does it work?
        There are really a number of ways to moderate threads and posts. I refer to the types as preemptive and post processed. Preemptive is that a user's posts are moderated before they are ever seen. Post processed is after it has been visible (ie - an attack, language use, etc.)

It mainly depends on how you have your forum and usergroups set up. For example you could have everything in a given forum moderated (Moderation Options when configuring a forum) or it could be based on usergroup membership (Follow Forum Moderation Rules set to No).

Since your question seems to be related to post processing I'll try to address that need.

To set up a moderator you need to configure a moderator for the forum in question. To do this:

Go into AdminCP >> Forums & Moderators >> Forum Manager

To the right of each forum there is a Moderator drop-down list. Select Add, enter the username of the person you want to moderate this forum, and set the settings for this user as you see appropriate. This will provide the person you set up with the ability to use thread and post tools when viewing the forum. Depending on the settings you make for them they may also see posts/threads that were preemptively moderated. They can review these posts and approve them as needed (or take other action).

You can also add a moderator to a forum you are viewing using the Forum Tools menu when viewing a thread list in a specific forum (given that you are an admin or supermod).

You can also choose whether users are in a moderator or super moderator group. Membership in these groups really speaks to how far their moderator capabilities span over your site, what they can do, and what their avatar, title, markup, and other settings are relative to other groups.

Will the respective moderators of the particular forum get a email as soon as a thread / post is made?
        There is a group of "Email Preferences" when adding a moderator where this can be configured.

is it enough to have given regular moderator permission, or do I need to give a moderator more permission to bein able to moderate threads / posts?
        I'm not sure what you really mean by this. I'm assuming it is a difference between being a moderator for a forum versus being in the moderator usergroup, or being a super-moderator/admin. If so this should be addressed in my comments above.

where exactly do we moderate the threads / posts? in admin cp? does a regular moderator have access to a limited admin cp ? or a mod cp ?
        Generally its done inline when looking at the thread display or post. There should be options to the right of each thread that once checked you can perform various functions on them (stick/unstick, delete, merge, etc.). Look for the "Moderation" drop-down list at the bottom of the thread. When viewing a list of threads you can also check out the Forum Tools menu for other options. When viewing a list of posts there is a Thread Tools menu at the top of the list that also offers options.

one more thing.
        whats the easiet way to add a moderator for a forum ?
        See above

will the admin automaticly get to moderate threads and post as well, or does the admin need to be set as moderator also for the various forums?
        Yes the the admin (as well as supermods and global mods) can usually perform all types of moderation unless they have been configured in some way to specifically prohibit these functions.

Hope this helps to answer your questions and also give you some information to go dig into and learn more.

Mark
        Drive Thru Online vBulletin Plugins | PureSportsCar.com | GearHeadApps.com - iPhone and iPad App Reviews for the Motoring Enthusiast

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...