X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhoody
    • Sep 2007

database and other errors

I am quite new to vB and just finished the update from 3.6 to 3.8.2

I copied the old config datas and the board looks like before, so all good (did not check all functions yet). I think I uploaded everything like in the manual, clicked through 100 "next-step"'s and was happy when finished.

Now going into the adminCpanel I get a database error right away:

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.2:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS count
    FROM pt_moderation AS moderation
    INNER JOIN pt_post AS post USING (postid)
    WHERE moderation.type='reply';

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'postid' in 'from clause'
    Error Number : 1054
    Request Date : Thursday, April 2nd 2009 @ 07:35:14 PM
    Error Date : Thursday, April 2nd 2009 @ 07:35:14 PM
    Script : http://www.philippinen-tauchen.com/f...ex.php?do=home
    Referrer : http://www.philippinen-tauchen.com/f...incp/index.php
    IP Address : 120.xx.xx.xxx
    Username : xxxxxx
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.75-community-log

being not a geek, that wont tell me a lot....

after that I checked several cpanel functions the common ones seem to work. but some like "social bookmarking management" and others are "page not found"

the upload protocol shows all files transfered. So now I am a kind of helpless...

If anyone can give an advice in "non-geek" words would be great.

Thanks and cheers in advanced

Rhoody
  • Lats
    • Mar 2002

Check this thread Rhoody, same error message.
    Lats...

Comment

• glennybee
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.7.x

Have a read at this thread...

I would upload ALL 3.8.2 files again and run the /install/upgrade.php script.

Comment

• Rhoody
        • Sep 2007

Hi

you guys are great, thanks for the quick reply, I will upload the whole package again and will come back if a problems still exist..

Comment

• Rhoody
          • Sep 2007

I uploaded the whole thingy again and there are no changes at all, same errors and same pages not found... no file transfer errors while uploading...

it was all good before, hope I get my old version running somehow.
          I am not a geek and the instructions for the upgrade manual sounded easy .... I am not in a stadium of big excitement at present

I am definitely not able to play around in the other stuff to get a better result ...

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

I guarantee that this error is from an old file or an add-on that is asking for a field that no longer exists in vB 3.8.2.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rhoody
              • Sep 2007

Thanks for your copy/paste. I can read and saw the same a couple of times in other threads (even linked from that thread)

I won't copy my own post before your answer, just that much that the manual for the upgrade sounded idiot-proof and like a walk in the park, if there would be any complicated/different written stuff in it, I would have never tried the upgrade.

As there is not much going on on the forum anyway and the license expires in may I will just take my time to look for something I might be able to manage as a simple electrician and Scuba instructor.

apologies for wasting your time, I wasted my last 15 hours too
              Don't get me wrong, vB is great, just much to much for my needs and abilities

cheers

Rhoody

Comment

• Lats
                • Mar 2002

Just checked your forums Rhoody, it appears that you're running 3.8.2 okay going by the text at the bottom of the page.

I also notice you're using vbseo - I see a lot of people having trouble with that when posting problems here. Recommend you disable that, and try again. Post back with any problems, they can all be sorted out
                Lats...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Rhoody
                  Thanks for your copy/paste. I can read and saw the same a couple of times in other threads (even linked from that thread)

I won't copy my own post before your answer, just that much that the manual for the upgrade sounded idiot-proof and like a walk in the park, if there would be any complicated/different written stuff in it, I would have never tried the upgrade.

As there is not much going on on the forum anyway and the license expires in may I will just take my time to look for something I might be able to manage as a simple electrician and Scuba instructor.

apologies for wasting your time, I wasted my last 15 hours too
                  Don't get me wrong, vB is great, just much to much for my needs and abilities

cheers

Rhoody
                  I posted that because it's true. If you read this before then you should have followed those instructions. If you had it would have solved this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rhoody
                    • Sep 2007

Lats,
                    it looks ok, for visitors, just the admin-cpanel is flnucked up with database errors and "page not found"

Steve, my friend I posted that I am a computer idiot and thats also true,

our answer is absolutely useless for me and your arrogant way of writing just tells me my decision is right to change to something different.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Let me try again.

This problem is due to an old file or an add-on. Did you even try any of those steps, such as running Suspect Files? If so, what were the results? If not, why not? There is no special knowledge required to do that.

The bottom line is that you need to reupload the original files, then if you still have this problem after that you need to disable all add-ons.

Also you are running vBSEO which is a third-party add-on that we do not provide oor support. Obviously you either knew enough to install that or you hired someone to do this. If the latter, then you should contact that same person to help you with this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rhoody
                        • Sep 2007

Steve, Problem solved and nothing of all was necessary. no plug in deactivation andandand... would never be able to do so...

My last call was to pull a ticket (and I felt pretty bad about that as after this thread I really felt a kinda stupid, having no clue what you mean...)

I referred to that thread here and got a mail back to change 1 name of a sub folder (I know, a idiot mistake) but than it worked.

I could have activate and deactivate plugins until the end of my days and it wouldn't help...

the whole thingy still scares me of flnucking around with it again, when another upgrade to 4-series would be needed.

gone diving

Rhoody

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Glad you got it working.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...