• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joyboy2001
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.2.x

HaCKed By Red-D3v1L [email protected]

Hi,

I logged on to my site http://revlimit.co.in/forum today and saw the this message "HaCKed By Red-D3v1L [email protected]".

I have been using SMF for the last 2 years and have not heard about a single forum getting hacked. I also found out that another website hosting vBulletin from my city was hacked too.

Am I not supposed to be extremely angry ??

What do I do now ??
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, try running '..install/finalupgrade.php' to see if that fixes this. If it doesn't, fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Note: Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.8.x

oh no, not again!

This Red Devil seems to be a big hacker. There are numerous boards I have seen been hacked by him recently.

Comment

• joyboy2001
        • Nov 2008
        • 4.2.x

any help ?

Comment

• joyboy2001
          • Nov 2008
          • 4.2.x

So that's it ?
          My forum gets hacked and there's no one who can help me ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Use the support ticket system for something this urgent then. Do not bump your thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

P.S. You did not provide the URL to your forums or the requested phpMyAdmn info to your support ticket, and the forum URL set in your license is wrong.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• aussiefooty
                • Nov 2008
                • 6.0.X

Sorry to hear about that.

Just one thing try banning all hotmail addresses and Red devil's username by putting an asterix on the end of both names. Just so that he get's caught out.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• joyboy2001
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  P.S. You did not provide the URL to your forums or the requested phpMyAdmn info to your support ticket, and the forum URL set in your license is wrong.
                  I have provided the URL to my forum in the first post of this thread. This matches exactly with my License information.

I have also provided the server login details in the Sensitive data field and phpmyadmin is something that I access through cPanel ...

Comment

• joyboy2001
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by hawksgirl
                    Sorry to hear about that.

Just one thing try banning all hotmail addresses and Red devil's username by putting an asterix on the end of both names. Just so that he get's caught out.
                    This guy didn't even sign up on the forum.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

When you fill out a ticket, the person answering does not automatically have a link to this thread in their head. You need to provide the complete info in the ticket.

And no, you did not provide cPanel or phpMyAdmin. You provided FTP and the Admin CP login with no URL.

Rather than argue, please just provide the requested info so we can help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Kensino
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 3.8.x

How can someone hack a forum unless they have access to the ACP or FTP? I don't know how they can just type in your website, and then change your forum. I wish you can get some informtion on the guy so you can call the police. He must have figure out your password?

Comment

• joyboy2001
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          When you fill out a ticket, the person answering does not automatically have a link to this thread in their head. You need to provide the complete info in the ticket.

And no, you did not provide cPanel or phpMyAdmin. You provided FTP and the Admin CP login with no URL.

Rather than argue, please just provide the requested info so we can help.
                          sorry ... I guess I'm just in a very emotional place with this whole thing ... I spent a lot of effort building this small community ...

Comment

• DutchTreat
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Kensino
                            How can someone hack a forum unless they have access to the ACP or FTP? I don't know how they can just type in your website, and then change your forum. I wish you can get some informtion on the guy so you can call the police. He must have figure out your password?
                            Its not a person, its an automated script that goes around searching for insecure permissions servers. There are many many many ways to do this. The weak link might not have even been his domain, but another on the same server.

Comment

• joyboy2001
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by DutchTreat
                              Its not a person, its an automated script that goes around searching for insecure permissions servers. There are many many many ways to do this. The weak link might not have even been his domain, but another on the same server.
                              Well whatever it was, the vBulletin support team fixed it for me. Thumbs up to Steve Machol and Wayne Luke.

Thanks guys. I apologize once again for being a pain because I got very emotional about the whole thing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...