Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tony adams
    • Sep 2004

images and ie8

images and thumbnails do not work in ie8 - different people get different errors - but basically they do not show

is someone working on a fix
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Try this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header

Comment

• iardon
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.8.x

I mentioned this in another thread but once in a while, even when this is enabled, images don't work.
      DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.8.x

My sites working fine in ie8 (url in sig). Can you please tell where exactly you see errors?

Comment

• tony adams
          • Sep 2004

thanks Jake - that is and always has been set to yes

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

• tony adams
              • Sep 2004

thanks jake

have done that with mixed results

on my main board it did not help - see picture below of what i got

that board has a number of plugins and mods so anticipating your next suggestion i tried it at a test board - that had the same mods but for ease i deleted them all - images work fine

so logically its a mod or plugin - so i went back to my main board and used the hook that needs adding to config.php to turn off all the mods

for reasons i dont understand that gave me an error - something to do with vbadvanced - so i disabled all the mods - including vbadvanced in manage plugins - i am assuming that does the same as the addition to config.php

so in my mind the main board and the test board are now the same but pictures do not show

i have not checked all the settings in adminCP one against the other - thats the next bit unless anything i have put here gives you and answer
              Attached Files

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

Try disabling individual addons to isolate the problem:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable (in each product menu)

Comment

• tony adams
                  • Sep 2004

so i disabled all the mods - including vbadvanced in manage plugins - i am assuming that does the same as the addition to config.php
                  that from the post above - i will double check but i think everything is disabled - i dont want to delete them - but i could do the reverse and add them one at a time to the test board

Comment

• tony adams
                    • Sep 2004

well i become confused

test board - default style - vbadvanced installed - images work

main board - default style - vbadvanced installed - all addons manually disabled - images do not work

off to add addons to test board

EDIT

i have now added everything to the test board that is/was running on the main board and the test board continues to display pictures - the only difference that i can think of is that attachment sizes are default on the test board whilst increased in size and mb capacity on the main board - surely it cannot be that stupid
                    Last edited by tony adams; Fri 20 Mar '09, 3:16pm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                      • Dec 2000
                      • 3.6.x

Please post a URL to a page with the broken images. I can take a look.

Comment

• tony adams
                        • Sep 2004

hi jake

board is here - http://diplocks.co.uk/wysiwyg/wysiwyg.php

some images here - http://diplocks.co.uk/wysiwyg/showthread.php?t=13273

the board is closed to outside view - you [vb] have log in details in ticket number - 901069 - hopefully you still have all the details logged

if not i will open something to let you see

all the broken images work perfectly in ie7 - this has been going on for a while - they were broken in the beta versions of ie8

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Looking at your vBulletin Options, you did not have IE7 compatibility turned on. When viewing your site in Compatibility mode there is no issue. I turned this option on for you.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tony adams
                            • Sep 2004

thanks wayne - if it was off it is only because i had been trying all things - even the stupid - i have just been back to the site and can still not see picteres - it has certainly been on whilst i was posting here

i still see the message i posted above

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Here is what I see in IE8 under compatibility mode
                              Attached Files
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...