X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hue95
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

subscribe to this forum - alerts for each new thread

I see the option to subscribe to a forum and get daily or weekly emails. However, is it possible to have an alert for each new thread in a forum? Also could the body of the thread be sent along with the alert?

thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is an option in the Forum settings to send an email with every new post to specific addresses:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post

And Moderators can get emails too:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Receive Email When a New Post is Created
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hue95
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

my questions was more towards regular users without going into the admin cp.

is there a way for regular users to select an option to get updates on each new post or thread of a forum without going into the admin cp?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BustaCap
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          There is an option in the Forum settings to send an email with every new post to specific addresses:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post
          There seems to be a problem where any text in this field after 250 characters is truncated. I am running a vbulletin message board for a small group of people (~16) and I want instant email notifications to go out when there is a new post/thread. However, because of the above hard limit I am unable to enter everyone's email addresses.

Is there a workaround for this?

-Dave
          Golden Age Mysteries Forum
          - for fans of mysteries in the classic tradition.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

The only workaround is to manually change that field in the database to something like mediumtext.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...