X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

Is reputation power retroactive?

If I require my users to have 50 posts before their reputation hits count on other users and they receive reputation prior to them reaching 50 posts, they gain reputation points. But they still have no power until they reach 50 posts.

My question is, do they automatically receive power for all the points that have incurred since they registered once they achieve 50 posts, or do they only get power for points given after they achieve 50 posts?

Edit: I just re-read my post and it seems confusing as heck. I'm not always very good at explaining what I have to say.
    Let me try to make it easier.
    - I require users to have 50 posts before their reputation hits count for other users (though they are still allowed to give and receive reputation. The rep they give is essentially worthless).

- Let's say they receive 10 points of reputation on their first few posts (they still haven't reached 50 total). They still have no reputation power since they haven't made 50 posts.

- Then they achieve 50 posts total. Do they now receive all the power they should have from their original 10 points, or do they only receive power for points given after their 50th post?
    Regards,
    Nick
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Since reputation power is only applicable when someone gives reputation, the power they have at the time they give rep is the one used. It does not change if their rep power changes later.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...