X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dendrob
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Adsense Problem after upgrade

I upgraded to the latest version and noticed that my adsense revenue went from around $15-20 per day to $5-7. After the update I edited the templates again and put the ad code back on...in fact I even put in more ads in places where I never had ads. What is going on??? Does this have something to do with the adsense integration that is now included with vbulletin??? I don't use that feature and all my ads are added manually to the appropriate templates.
  • jmurrayhead
    • Sep 2006

You have to go into the member's area and sign up for the adsense integration, otherwise your installation of vBulletin won't have it. So no, it wouldn't have anything to do with that.
    No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

I don't see any way this can be pinned on vB. I also upgraded, do not use the built-in adsense feature and my revenue has remained steady or even gone up a bit.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dendrob
        • Mar 2006
        • 3.5.x

I should say that before I upgraded I did download the version already with adsense integration. Would that have something to do with it? My indexed page count on google hasn't decreased, my traffic didn't change, I have more ads on my site then before, yet my adsense dropped by ~75% What could it be???

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

You said you are not using the builti-n adsense integration and unless you have fully signed up for this in the Members Area and in Google Adsense, you have not downloaded the adsense version.

Even if you were, I don't see how this could be vB's fault.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dendrob
            • Mar 2006
            • 3.5.x

I did fully sign up for this in the members area, but in my Advertising config I selected "No Google AdSense Ads". I cant' figure this one out. Could it be somethign with the publishers ID? I did use my own though. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

The only idea I gave is that people are clicking on fewer ads. Why that is I have no idea.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dendrob
                • Mar 2006
                • 3.5.x

I could understand if they did that one or two days, but this is right after my upgrade and every day for over a month. Too much of a coinky-dink. I posted because I was curious if anyone else had this problem.. :S

Comment

• dendrob
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Anybody has any ideas??? The day after the vbulletin upgrade this started happening. Did the upgrade 'offend' the gods at google ???

This is how it used to be

Impressions: 25,666
                  Clicks 53
                  Page CTR 0.21%
                  Page eCPM $0.72
                  Earnings $18.46

and this is how it is now
                  For Example, the other day
                  Impressions: 29,731
                  Clicks 56
                  Page CTR 0.19%
                  Page eCPM $0.23
                  Earnings $6.90

What is going on here ??? I've spent a lot of time to build up to where I was so this is extremely discouraging.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

That is not something we would have any knowledge of. You need to contact Google Adsense.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dendrob
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 3.5.x

Solved it...turns out that VBSEO needed to be upgraded to the latest version. Things are back to normal and life is good once again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...