• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matkus
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

Can't send visitor message to myself

Hello.
    I can't send visitors message to myself, i get whitepage. I can send to anyone else and people can send to me. Other users don't have any problems with sending visitor messages to themself, just I can't send to myself. I'm not sure if it's userID 1, admin rights or anything else is problem.

Anyone had such problem? Any idea how to fix it?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Try adding this line to your includes/config.php file to see if the white page shows any specific errors:

Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);
    Does it show any error messages now?

It might also be a memory limit problem. Try adding this to the config file:

Code:
    ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
    Otherwise try temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

• matkus
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

after changing display errors or memory limit, resetting style or checking file version i had no luch, but after setting define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);everything works fine.
      Now i have to find what mod causes problem.
      Thanks for help and sorry for wasting your time, i should check this by myself before asking

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...