How To Hold Post In Modertion For New Users?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SFC
    • Jan 2006

How To Hold Post In Modertion For New Users?

How do I hold say the first 10 post of new users in moderation so that I have to approve them for all new users?
  • glennybee
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

Edit the Registered Users usergroup, find the Post / Thread Permissions section and set the Follow Forum Moderation Rules option to NO.

After you moderate their posts, you can move them to another usergroup that doesn't get their posts placed in the queue.

Comment

• SFC
      • Jan 2006

So I need to create another usergroup than to move all the Registered users to, so that the actual members do not get qued?

Comment

• glennybee
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.7.x

That's the only way I could think of achieving what you wanted to do.

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

Yes, you'll have the existing Registered usergroup which is moderated and then Registered (Confirmed) group or something like that which have unmoderated posts.

By the way, in almost all cases, you only need to moderate ONE post. Once you see that their post is real and not spam, you can approve.

If you use a Usergroup Promotion, then once their post(s) are approved, after 1 hour they will get auto-promoted to Registered (Confirmed). By the way, these Promotions are not a trigger, they affect all users. So if you set up a Promotion, then all users with 1+ post will get bumped to Registered (Confirmed) every hour.

Comment

• bigwater
            • Jan 2007

Right. I generally use five posts as the trigger for the promotion, but one or two will work if you're not in a high profile, subject to spam sort of board.

I also disable signatures, avatars and links for users that haven't been promoted yet. It eliminates a lot of spam.
            Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• Jinovich
              • Feb 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by bigwater
              Right. I generally use five posts as the trigger for the promotion, but one or two will work if you're not in a high profile, subject to spam sort of board.

I also disable signatures, avatars and links for users that haven't been promoted yet. It eliminates a lot of spam.
              and private messages.

Comment

• bigwater
                • Jan 2007

Oh yeah That too.
                Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment