Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PGAmerica
    • Mar 2003

Problem with checkboxes on private messages

Hi, since updating to 3.8 for some reason the check boxes used to mark a group of private messages (eg. that days, weeks, two weeks, etc) aren't working. The box can be checked but it used to highlight all the messages in that group and no longer does as in the example below.

Does anyone know how we can fix this? thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser.

Otherwise I suspect a style or file problem. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

That's due to a Private Message modification. The fix is posted in the modification thread over on vb.org.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• PGAmerica
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Lynne
        That's due to a Private Message modification. The fix is posted in the modification thread over on vb.org.
        Thank you. I have proven this to be true and am posting a message of vb.org about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...