Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gg2-hungama
    • Jan 2009

please help with administrator pannel

all my admins including me got automatically switched back to normal user all sudden all admins turned in to normal user there is no admin now ..what to do ? there is one admin left but he is out of town from 3 days and out of reach so we can even change our selves back .. to admin
    Last edited by gg2-hungama; Thu 12 Feb '09, 6:17pm.
  • DaddyCool8
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

i dunno if this is right..it's just a guess..but if you know the user id of one of the other admin...set his id as the superadmin in your config.php on your server. Like I say I don't know if that will work, but I thought I would try to help.

Comment

• gg2-hungama
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DaddyCool8
      i dunno if this is right..it's just a guess..but if you know the user id of one of the other admin...set his id as the superadmin in your config.php on your server. Like I say I don't know if that will work, but I thought I would try to help.
      thanks for trying and reply but no it didnt quite help

regarding my old post which is here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...29#post1692829

that error remain same like :

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.1:

Invalid SQL:
      INSERT INTO administrator
      (userid)
      VALUES
      (53);

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry '53' for key 1
      Error Number : 1062
      Request Date : Saturday, February 7th 2009 @ 08:31:18 PM
      Error Date : Saturday, February 7th 2009 @ 08:31:18 PM
      Script : http://gg2-hungama.com/forum/admincp/user.php?do=update
      Referrer : http://gg2-hungama.com/forum/admincp...p?do=edit&u=53
      IP Address : 70.101.135.104
      Username : Admin
      Classname : vB_Database
      MySQL Version : 5.0.67-community-log

and when i go to my sql query it gives me this error

Error

SQL query:
      SELECT *
      FROM `administrator`
      WHERE 1 `userid`
      LIMIT 0 , 30
      MySQL said:
      #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`userid`
      LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1

but i dont get it what its mean

forum without Administrator .... i m trying to find out how could this happend and how to make my self admin and resolve this problem administrators keep swinging back to normal users (
      Last edited by gg2-hungama; Thu 12 Feb '09, 5:40pm. Reason: more details to add

Comment

• DaddyCool8
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.6.x

Sorry it didn't work, just set the id back to what it was previously in the config.php...and wait for one of the experts here to try and help...I know it can be done because I had a similar problem before. The way I mentiond worked for me..sorry it didn't work for you! ;(

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

We have no way of knowing how it happened.

To restore your Admin status, download the vB zip file for your version, then extract the 'tools.php' script from the 'do_not_upload' folder. Then upload this file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use the a
          ppropriate option to promote your user to Admin using this option:

[Reset Admin Access]

Then immediately remove this script.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...