Allowing members to delete own posts in specific forums?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geni
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.8.x

Allowing members to delete own posts in specific forums?

Is there any way to permit members to delete own posts and threads in a specific forum? I have a 'for sale' forum where I would like to allow members to make new topics and delete them at will. I have already set custom permissions for all the usergroups for that forum but I have the Time Limit on Editing of Posts set (and would like to keep it ) and after the set time the posts can not be deleted.

Is there any way around this? Can I allow unlimited time on deleting threads and posts for a specific forum?
  • Horness
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.8.x

Admin Control Panel
    [+]Forums & Moderators
    ---[+]Forum Permissions
    -----[+]For Sale (or whatever your forum is called)
    ------[Edit] Registered Users

Put a "Yes" to "Can Delete Own Threads"

Hope that helps.

Horness
    The Shooting Forum

Comment

• Geni
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for the reply but that is already set. The users CAN delete their threads until the time for editing runs out (120m in my case). The problem is that I cannot find the option to set that time to unlimited for just that one forum.

Setting the time to unlimited globally is out of the question because it also controls the post editing time.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

There is no option to set a time limit per forum. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Geni
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.8.x

Well, at least I know that the option is not there staring me in the face .

Thanks, Ill figure some kind of workaround.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...