• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lautaro
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.8.x

Thread prefix problem

Hello,

Today I tried adding thread prefixes to my forum and when I tested them i saw that when I was going to create a thread the prefixes list were in blank.

This is how it looks when I'm creating a new thread:

In my admin CP - Prefixes list:

Abuse report - details:

A short clip when i create a new thread - how the prefixes looks:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have no idea why its like this.

I'm using vBulletin 3.8.1

thank you.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Did you assign the prefix set to the forum in question? Make sure the forum has some prefix sets specified:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Use Selected Prefix Sets

Comment

• Lautaro
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Did you assign the prefix set to the forum in question? Make sure the forum has some prefix sets specified:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Use Selected Prefix Sets
      yes i did, now this is very weird..

The prefixes started showing and I didn't edit anything, But i tried to add another prefix to see if the problem was solved but its not ... I added the 3rd prefix yesterday and its till invisible...

Image:

I also created this post in vbulletin.org, and the last replies were:

Originally posted by Lynne
      Are you using some sort of caching on your forums? It almost sounds like that is causing the problem.
      Originally posted by Dismounted
      You may want to open a support ticket @ vBulletin.com.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

A guess... are you running the vBOptimize addon? That addon is known to be overzealous in its caching of things which can cause delays like this.

Comment

• Lautaro
          • Jan 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          A guess... are you running the vBOptimize addon? That addon is known to be overzealous in its caching of things which can cause delays like this.
          yes I installed vBOptimise.. So I need to disable / remove that modification or there's any way i can disable whats doing that with the prefixes? ..

EDIT:

Hi, well the problem is fixed, as you said it was the vBOptimise modification i had, i just disabled the " vB Optimise: Cache Phrases " and thats was all .. thanks for your support.
          Last edited by Lautaro; Thu 12 Feb '09, 10:01pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...