• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nMIK-3
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.8.x

RSS Feed Image problem

Hey guys I have a quick question.

I have setup my RSS feeds, I use them in combination with feedburner, everything works great but I have a small issue.

In some readers such as Firefox RSS, and Mobile clients, when the feed contains a image or link only the code is been displayed instead of the image.

For example Firefox will display the following
    Title of Article
    Image: http://www.mysite.com/images/sample.jpg Then the article

Also the same happens to links, it displays the word and then the whole hyperlink likt http://www.whatever.com/whatever.

My Nokia Phone RSS Reader displays it the same way, and it is really annoying. I know is not Firefox or Nokia fault because other RSS feeds are displaying everything, including pictures and links.

Internet Explorer, FeedReader and other cliends succesfully displays pictures and links of my Feeds.

Any idea of how I can fix this?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There is no easy way to fix that. Different RSS clients just display the content differently. The end user can choose a client that they like.

Comment

• nMIK-3
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      There is no easy way to fix that. Different RSS clients just display the content differently. The end user can choose a client that they like.
      Hey Jake thanks for your quick reply

What are my options? I really don't care much about Firefox, not many of my subscribers is using it to view RSS with, but I have many subscribers with Nokia phones and it is really annoying getting liks for images and hyperlinks. I am getting half page of image link in my Nokia RSS reader instead of the picture totally mess up the article.

Can you guys put this as a request in order for this issue to get fixed in future vBulletin Release?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...