Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSquid
    • Mar 2005

Ruby/Rails question

I just got this email from my ISP. I have no idea what it means, but since it talks about possible issues with some apps not running (Rails 2.2.2), I'm wondering if it means anything to you... I'm running 3.8.1, do I have any issues to worry about?

Thanks!

We will be upgrading your server to the following versions of Ruby and Rails on Wednesday, February 18, 2009.

Ruby 1.8.7
    Rails 2.2.2

This upgrade is needed to bring Ruby and Rails to the current stable releases.

It is important to note that there are a couple backwards incompatibilities concerning the Ruby upgrade.
    If your application is not compatible with Rails 2.2.2, you will want to freeze your application.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin doesn't use that. There shouldn't be any problems.

Comment

• MrSquid
      • Mar 2005

Thanks Steve.

What about Python? I just got another upgrade notice and they're doing that next.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

vBulletin only uses PHP and MySQL.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by MrSquid
          Thanks Steve.

What about Python? I just got another upgrade notice and they're doing that next.
          I love getting credit for replies I didn't make. It makes my job a lot easier.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...