X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moddis
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

VBulletin 3.8.x Requirements

Have a question about requirements: its says that "we recommend that vBulletin 3.8.x is run on PHP 5.2.8 with APC (or a similar opcode cache) and MySQL 5.1.30 for best performance and stability."

Does that mean The version has to be exactly the one listed above for optimal performace or can it be a newer version as long as its not older then the version listed above.

Thanks
  • glennybee
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

Newer versions of PHP and MySQL will not have been tested and proven by the vbulletin team so that's why newer versions are not recommended.

Previous versions will still be ok. Obviously not versions from years ago but anything from PHP 4.3.3 or greater and MySQL 4.0.16 or greater would be fine.

Comment

• moddis
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.6.x

Ok thats pretty much all I wanted to know. I was just asking because i think my new VPS has never versions installed the the recommended version required for best performance. So it would be better to ask to roll-back to the best recommended version right?

Also, is it likely that VB will increase the PHP or MySql version for optimal performance with upcoming 3.8.xxxx upgrades?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...