X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carl-NC
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

Backup problem

I just moved about 700M of attachments out of the DB and into the file system. So now my DB is small enough to use the vB backup method. However, I consistently get this error:

Processing: poll
    Processing: pollvote

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 408

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.8.1:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM post;

MySQL Error   : Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Error Number  : 2013
    Request Date  : Tuesday, February 3rd 2009 @ 01:50:58 AM
    Error Date    : Tuesday, February 3rd 2009 @ 01:51:04 AM
    Script        : http://www.geotech1.com/forums/admincp/backup.php?do=sqlfile
    Referrer      : http://www.geotech1.com/forums/admincp/backup.php?do=choose
    IP Address    : xx.xx.xx.xx
    Username      : xxxxxx
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    It is the same error at the same place every time, so I doubt it's a timeout. Plus my DB should be small enough to use this method.

Yes, I know, I should use phpMyAdmin backup, and I did. But I still would like to know what is going on with this error, in case it is a DB problem or a code problem that needs to be fixed.

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is a server issue. You need to contact your host about this. See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...